HANDLOOM AND COTTAGE INDUSTRIES CAN PLAY IMPORTANT ROLE FOR ILLITERATE AND SEMI-LITERATE POPULATION:
CLICK to see: "Handloom and Cottage Industries crisis"
EFFORTS SHOULD BE FROM ALL INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENT:-
· Governments and international institutions should come forward to upgrade the quality and measures to bring cost as low
as possible and steps to improve its demand for these products.
· This could be done by inviting private sector
and international organizations participation to bring know how for research and development and promote demand of such products.
· I.L.O and other agencies should understand necessity to explore the possibility to encourage this sector especially
in poor countries. As this comes in unorganized informal sector workers are deprived of their social security and pension
· W.T.O and other international agencies also can be real helpful by allocating minimum quantity quota
required for imports with incentives to boost demand. As more the goods sold more the jobs created.
should identify the traditional products or suitable products of rural areas, which can be promoted scientifically without
affecting the traditional grace.
· Governments to make sure the availability of raw material and distribution at
best possible price.